Monday, 22 July 2013

Monday love

Thinking of titles for each post is probably the most difficult thing about writing a blog - well I'm finding it tough anyway.  Anyone got any tips?

I suppose if I'm honest scrapbooking is my first love - I really like how it's a memory holder. I find it easier to justify my spending on scrapping goodies as I know I'm keeping what I've made and hopefully my albums will be passed on to future generations whereas I know many, if not most, of the cards I make and give are destined for the rubbish bin after the occasion.  So today it's a scrapbook page based on this week's Case Study challenge.







I had great fun making this page, playing around with inks and mists and really like the understated simplicity of the page.  The colours were perfect for the photo of my grandson as they echoed the tablecloth closely.  It's so hard being a long distance granny and I'm always nagging them to email me photos.

Supplies:
Ink: Adirondack, watermelon & pool; Ranger distress ink, brushed corduroy; Mister Huey's color mists, dark calico, sunshine, plum thumb, opaque white
Stamps: Inkylicious, twinchies sentiment; paula pascual, journalling spots
Stencils: Stamposuarus; TCW
Die: Spellbinders
Card & paper: American Crafts, craft cardstock


Just before I sign off thought I'd share a photo of how far I've got with my quilt - or maybe I should say how far I've still got to go! And maybe the next one ought to be purple!





Thanks for looking.

Jane

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, I can see where you got your inspiration and I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely background for the photo of your grandson. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! I love the wonderful spray of color the background!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.