Monday, 29 July 2013

Monday magic

Well not really magic, but I needed a title word for this week's posts.

I've a card to share today using a Doo Lally Pip stamp which I bought as it reminded me so much of one of my daughters-in-law.  She's all skinny and leggy with long wavy hair.  I used the colours from the current Case Study challenge and a layout from an older Freshly Made Sketches challenge which I really like. This card is much more my usual style with multiple layers and it came together without as much soul searching as when I try to be more simple. Strange I know that simple takes me much longer, but then I guess that's because it's a newer concept for me.



 

 
I used a promarker to give the appearance of matting on the large checked paper as I've only got little pieces of the bright pink card left - need to do a shop for some basics! I'd seen this technique on a TV demo and I think it looks ok.

Supplies:
Stamps: Doo Lally Pip, Hopeful Harriet Feelin Good
Inks: Memento, Tuxedo Black; Versa Color, 34 Orchid
Paper & card: Basic Grey, lemonade; Paper Cellar, patterned paper squares, ep, sorry lost the branding strip & from my stash
Punches: Xcut circle; Woodware, corner
Embellishments: Button from my stash
Pro Markers: Umber, Cool Grey 5, Cardinal Red, Mustard, Pear Green, Blush, Dusky Pink

Thank you for looking.

Jane  

2 comments:

  1. Jane I love that you are pushing yourself in new directions! You never know where that may lead. Sketches don't always come easy for any of us, or to be as clean and simple as we like. Have fun with it!!

    So glad to see you in my challenge playground!!

    Lovely lovely take in the case this sketch!! Love the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. You made my day!

      Delete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.