Monday, 12 August 2013

New day 1

And so begins another week and the last few days of having my family here before they return home. I've already taken loads of photos, but intend to take loads more, have to preserve the memories.

Today is a scrapbook page using a photo of my oldest grandson up and about so early in the morning.  I'd forgotten how much energy children have right from the moment they wake up. Me - I'm sluggish for a good couple of hours and I'm never up and dressed by 8:30!

I used the lovely colours from Color Throwdown and a sketch from Case Study.  I've been admiring the pages I've seen in magasines and blogs that use sunbursts and been meaning to have a go, so this sketch was the push I needed. It gives the page real movement.


    

Supplies:
Paper: American Crafts, craft cardstock and scraps from my stash
Stamp: Technique Tuesday, Summer Rocks by Ali Edwards
Ink: Memento, danube blue; Ranger distress ink, brushed corduroy for page edges
Alphas: ep Winter park; October Afternoon, mini market; American Crafts, thickers prairie 

Thanks for looking.

Jane

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page with the awesome picture, amazing sunburst, and I love how you created the sentiment!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful page with the sun rays! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sunburst...looks wonderful with this photo!! Eeeks....to have the energy of the kiddos!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.