Monday, 2 September 2013

Monday Moment

Wow! The start of a new week and it's looking busy, busy, busy. I've already whizzed through the housework and painted a door, have plans to patchwork the afternoon away and then round to my dad to keep him company this evening.

Today's card manages to combine two challenges - Case Study and Color ThrowdownReminder to self  - do this more often. I wanted to use my new Uniko Studio Flower Power #1 stamp set and love how delicate it's turned out. I tried several sizes of butterflies, but finally plumped for three tiny ones as they seemed to match the size and feel of the flower stamp best.  I then added a few embossed lines to highlight the diagonal aspect of the sketch - can't tell you how tricky that was!  Lovely colour combination that once again would not have occurred to me, but then that's what I love about these challenges - makes you try new things.


 

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #1, All Occasion Sentiments #1
Ink: Memento, peanut brittle, angel pink, dandelion, pistachio; Tim Holtz distress ink, Victorian Velvet
Punch: Martha Stewart
Embellishments: pearls from my stash


I'm doing Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day during September too - a sort of philosophical look at life's little lessons. So yesterday I took this photo:


I just love the dramatic sky! This was taken late afternoon standing in my back garden and my lesson learnt was - to open my eyes to the beauty on my doorstep.

Thanks for looking.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.