Monday, 23 September 2013

Monday Moments

Apparently we had the hottest weather yesterday here in Lincolnshire.  It certainly was a beautiful day and today is looking good too. I think I'm beginning to be typically British talking about the weather every day!

My card for today is for two challenges - Case Study layout and Colour Q colours. The cardigan on the colour swatch reminds so much of one I had in my teenage years and I guess it's back in fashion again. I've not played around with the layout on my card at all, but I wish now that I had put the brown sugar behind the die cut and left the embossed panel white. Another card for another day maybe.


    

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio Background builders Flower Power, Flower Power #2 sentiment
Ink: Memento, Rose Bud
Dies: Spellbinders, Labels 8; Uniko Studio, Graphic Flowers Time
Embossing: Cuttlebug
Embellishments: Twine & button from my stash

LSNED Day 22: I had planned to spend the afternoon quilting, but it was much too nice to stay indoors, so off we went to Tattershall Castle for the afternoon. I've been there many times before and remembered how far you can see from the top of the tower, about 16 miles in every direction. Lesson learnt - make the most of sunny Autumn days.


I'll probably put up a few more photos later today, have to send them from my phone to the computer. 

Thanks for looking.

Jane

As promised earlier more photos. The view from the top showcases the Lincolnshire flat landscape rather well!  But what's happened to the sunshine of this morning? Quite dull and murky now. Even more glad we made the most of yesterday!








Thanks for looking.

Jane 


8 comments:

  1. I happen to love your card just the way it is - the embossed panel is lovely and the bit of color peeking through on the flower is so eye-catching. And the photos of the castle are STUNNING!!! Thanks for joining us at the Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love the embossing and layout, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The flower is just lovely and I think the embossed layer in Baked Brown Sugar is a great addition! Thanks for joining us atj colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Jane, love the flower! Your photo's are lovely as well, can you even imagine living in that castle? Thanks for playing with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your flower and button. Great interpretation of the inspiration at CASE Study. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I like the flower and the combination of colors and texture. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us this week at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, interesting layout and textures! So glad you could play with our colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.