Monday, 16 September 2013

Monday Mutterings

Such a change in the weather in my part of the world. My central heating thermostat is only set to 10C at the moment and it actually clicked on this morning! I seem to have gone from summer tops and bare legs to socks and jumpers so quickly.

I managed another combined challenge card to share today.  The layout is from Case Study and the colours from ColourQ.  The colours are very vibrant and include my favourites pinks with an added twist of teal. and are very similar to the colours. I love the ombre effect and the clash of colours on the Case Study inspiration card. I meant to imitate this by stamping second generation ink at the top of my card, but I just got carried away concentrating on getting the lines straight and forgot.



 

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Flower Power #1, Background Builders Round in Circles
Ink: Memento, dandelion, teal zeal, rhubarb stalk, lilac posies
Punch: Tonic studio & Martha Stewart
Embellishments: twine & parchment

LSNED Day 15: This is all about my first attempt at free machine sewing to quilt my patchwork.  Boy was this difficult! I thought I'd practised, but only on small pieces and I hadn't accounted for the weight and volume of the fabric.  So not the best, not the neatest, not quite how I'd imagined it would look and only one small piece completed.  But I will get better!  I will not give up! Lesson learnt: Sometimes you just have to give things a go!


Thanks for looking.

Jane

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, Jane, love the background, is it paper or stamping? thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamping using a mix of sentiments & background builders from Uniko Studio.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty - love the multi-coloured stamped background you created! The butterflies are the perfect focal point over the vellum and the fun pink baker's twine adds a fun pop! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.