Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Tuesday Talk

Looks like we're in for a wet week at the moment. But not to worry it's ideal crafting weather and I'm feeling smug because we got out and about on so many of the beautiful Autumn days we've had.

Today I'm sharing a card and a scrapbook page.

First the card for CAS Colours and Sketches. Their challenge is to use two pinks in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness month plus a chocolate brown.  I chose a LOTV image of two girls sharing a cup of tea - seemed appropriate as so many people have coffee mornings to raise funds - and challenged myself to only use the CAS colours.  In the end I had to give in and use my normal skin colours and background satin, but the predominant colours are correct.

I took inspiration for the layout from Case Study Challenge #162 and Jen Nelson, featured here. Once again I managed my goal of using stitching.


  

Supplies:
Stamp: LOTV, Little Girls Tea Time & sentiment
Ink: Memento, rich cocoa
Promarkers: sunkissed pink, antique pink
Flexmarkers: burnt sienna, nutmeg, satin, blush, dusky pink
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Miss Caroline Dilly Dally
Die: Sizzix tags
Embellishments: twine & button from my stash


4 comments:

  1. It's an adorable image, and you've colored it wonderfully! I love the stitched accents. Thanks for joining us at CAS - Colours and Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, so sweet! Love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely Jane! Love how you coloured the image and the stitching looks fab! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely CAS card - thanks for joining in with us this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.