Saturday 7 June 2014

Saturday Scribbles

Hi there and welcome to my bog!

Today I'm sharing a card I made with the boys in mind.  The current colours from the challenge at ColourQ are just perfect for male themed projects and I combined them with the layout from Freshly Made Sketches to create my card.

 

I started by die cutting a tag and stamping the explosion and greetings.  I then set about making the three banner strips and decided to turn the sketch upside down, no choice really as I'd stamped one of the greetings upside down!  Finally I finished off with a triangle of buttons to add some eye pops.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Background Builders Squared, A Gift For you, All Occasion Sentiments #2
Ink: SU, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango; Memento, Summer sky; Ranger distress, chipped sapphire
Die: Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles
Embellishments: buttons & twine from my stash

Short and sweet today, but be sure to come back tomorrow for the new game at AAA Cards. Here's a peep:

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/
Check out the full reveal of the sketch here tomorrow or over at AAA Cards right now.

Thanks for looking.

Jane
 ***
 

11 comments:

  1. Love your take on these challenges! Perfect for boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combo of color and sketch! So fresh and fun! Thanks for joining us at colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. COOL! Super awesome card, Jane - love how you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flip on the sketch and this card is just fantastic! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...your upside down words turned this card into a smashing success! Love it! Thanks for using the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fresh and fun! I love the pops of color and the graphic patterns. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fun design, love the sideways tag. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this sure packs a punch. What a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Awesome card,Jane!! I love the fun and bright colors!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT, I thought I commented.... it went something like this:
    OMG this is awesome Jane, LOVE the colors and your design, WOW, WINNER FOR SURE... and I would have also been clairvoyant as well, LOL CONGRATS on the BIG WINNER, you deserve it, you ROCK Jane!! keep on your crafting - ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design, Jane, love your placement of the colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.