Sunday 20 July 2014

AAA Cards Game 12 - INSPIRE

Did you enjoy last week's window sketch game?  Pop on over to AAA Cards to see if you're the winner of that fantastic Blue Moon voucher.

This week we're going to INSPIRE you with a card to CASE from our lovely design team member Angela.

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/ 

My eye immediately focussed on the spotty paper, line of flowers and bright colours. I wonder what your initial thoughts will be?

Here's my take on Angela's card. 


I didn't have any long cardstock so I made a sort of mini version inside a 5"x7" landscape card. I kept the line of black spotty paper, but that vibrant pink centre flower on Angela's card kept winking at me, so I added an extra mat of pink polka dots for fun.  The sentiment echoes Angela's sentiment too.



I made the flowers in the same way as yesterday's card which I blogged about here. I chose the colours to echo the flower centres on Angela's card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Bridal Bouquet, sentiment from Pretty Petals Plus
Inks: SU, melon mambo, daffodil delight, pear pizzazz, old olive; Memento, tuxedo black
Dies: Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles; Clearly Besotted, Tag Along

So that's a little insight into how my brain was working as I put my card together. Can't wait to see what you come up with and find out how you create cards.  Thanks for visiting today, hope you're feeling INSPIRED and ready to enter our game. Need more? Check out the cards from the other DT members here.
And since I've been chatting about flowers I just want to share this photo before I say good-bye.  It was taken in my garden yesterday afternoon and I was so blown away with the quality of my phone camera I needed to share it. Just look at all those little hairs on the stem!

 Once again thanks for looking and also for indulging my photo taking enthusiasm. Love my phone!

Jane
 ***

5 comments:

  1. Inspiration can take you in so many directions and I just love your interpretation so much, Jane! I may steel your focal panel design to make note cards. You are a fabulous designer and thank you for your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat comment from Angela! I was taken by surprise by your CASE on Angela's card. I wasn't expecting the design and it blows me away! It's true....you are an amazing card maker. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your inspired card -- those flowers are just fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little grouping of adorable flowers is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely, Jane. I adore the polka dot paper and indeed those sweet blossoms. Wonderful card x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.