Sunday 10 August 2014

AAA Cards Game 15 ENJOY & Ten on the Tenth

Well last week's watercolour challenge was really popular again and it's looking like it could well be a regular feature for the next few months' PLAY games. Great news!

This week we're asking you to ENJOY creating something with the theme of Summer Foods.  For me it had to be ice-cream - although it doesn't have to be Summer for me to enjoy eating ice cream!

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/ 

This weeks winner 
will be offered an appearance 
as a Guest Team Designer for our next ENJOY game!

So out came stamps from one of my favourite companies - Clearly Besotted. They seem to have stamps suitable for just about any occasion and theme.



I started with a die cut banner and stamped the ice cream cone, ice cream and chocolate flake.  I then sparkled up the flake with Wink of Stella and glammed up the ice cream with micro beads. The micro beads and the stripy paper were both freebies from a magazine.


A couple of sentiment flags and sprinkles and my card was finished. Nice and easy, but I think bright, summery and eye catching.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, So Sweet
Inks: SU, melon mambo; Memento, toffee crunch, rich cocoa
Dies: Clearly Besotted, Tag Along; Lawn Fawn, stitched party banner
Embellishments: doodlebug sprinkles, cupcake asst; Wink of Stella, clear; Micro beads from Ppaercraft Inspirations mag.

As today's challenge happens to fall on the 10th and I always share ten things each month I hope all you AAA Cards players will indulge me.  This month my theme is Summer - quite appropriate for the AAA challenge don't you think?

1.  Keeping with the Summer foods theme I was forced to eat this lolly so that I could get a photo - such a hardship!


2.  And of course eating outside is occasionally possible!


3.  My toenails get painted and manage to match the geraniums.


4.  My hanging baskets bloom and it becomes a daily task to keep then hydrated.


5.  Skies are blue



6.  And butterflies abound.


7. Sunglasses and hats are needed.


8. Sea, sun and sand.


9. Beach huts always fascinate me.


10. And for some reason I associate fair rides with the Summer - something to do with my hometown carnival and fair being in July I'm thinking.


Thank you so much for getting down here to the end of today's lengthy post.  Good luck and hope you ENJOY playing along with AAA Cards this week.  Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Jane
 ***

4 comments:

  1. All the summer fun, food and family looks so inviting, Jane! A fabulous ice cream card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved this post! How fun it is to see things from your perspective. So cute! And "forcing" yourself to eat the lolly! (LOL) I never would have noticed the details on your beautiful ice cream cone without your close-up shot. So glad you showed that - awesome detail! You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nicely done card! I like how you added the striped paper it's really makes your cute Sprinkled cone POP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops! I forgot to mention, how great your photos are...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.