Saturday 9 August 2014

Saturday Slot

A double challenge card today.

The layout is from Freshly Made Sketches and the colours from ColourQ.

 http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/sketch-148-sketch-by-jen-m.html  http://colourq.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/colourq-challenge-253.html

I decided it was time the Pretty Petals stamp set got another airing. So I went ahead and inked it up and stamped it with one of  its matching sentiments under the flowers. The flowers got my favourite Wink of Stella treatment.


I added a trio of hearts to frame the flowers and made them a bit 3D by adding Glossy Accents.  Love how your can actually see the Glossy Accents in the photo!


Finally the whole thing was matted onto Summer Starfruit card, then dark brown spotty card and my card was finished.

Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Pretty Petals & hearts from Design A Tree
Inks: SU, tempting turquoise; Memento, rich cocoa, nauticval blue, pear tart
Embellishments: Wink of Stella, clear; Glossy Accents

Just time to share my July envelope calendar contents. I thought I was going to have to give this a miss as I'm finding it difficult to find time to keep up at the moment.  But then I realised this was such a pivotal month in turning my life upside down, and probably changing it for some time to come, that it was far too much of a biggy to ignore. So here it is:


The weather photo:


The very apt quote!


 And my journalling:


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. Your time is very much appreciated.

Jane
 ***

5 comments:

  1. I love your use of the sketch! The sentiment along the bottom with the flowers over the word "flowers" is a fresh look! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flower arrangement is so beautiful! I love this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So a pretty bouquet of flowers. I love the glossy accents on them too. It adds a nice shine. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Jane, pretty flowers! so glad to see you at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is adorable, love the glossy hearts! thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.