Tuesday 5 August 2014

Tuesday Talk

A very simple little card to share today made for the double challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-85-double.html 

Of course I didn't have the exact colours but rumaged through my stash and matched up as best I could. 


I used the explosion stamp in place of the main circle on the sketch and then added the movement splashes where the three little circles are. And I quite liked the card just as it was, but felt it needed a little more pizzazz and worked on adding dimension to the middle of the explosion.


The addition of a die cut grey spiro circle, a mustard button & loop of twine and a turqoise sprinkle dot and I was more satisfied. So to finish off I added a sentiment, sparkled up the explosion, added a border strip and rounded the bottom corners.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, EXPLOSION
Inks: SU, Bermuda Bay; Memento, cantaloupe, London fog
Dies: Xcut, spiro circle; Clearly Besotted, Tag Along
Punch: Xcut, corner rounder
Embellishments: doodlebug sprinkles, day to day asst; Wink of Stella, clear; button & twine from my stash

I'm also sharing my first of the month day in my life pages today. They're a bit short on photos this month. I'm thinking all the hospital visiting is getting to me and I completely forgot to take photos, so I've journalled a bit more than usual - which I actually think is not a bad thing.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  Hope you'll come back tomorrow when I've a bit of an exciting share.

Jane
 ***



3 comments:

  1. LOVE your card, FAB use of the colours and sketch. Lovely to see the Explosion getting some inky love too. Thinking of you & sending you strength for all the hospital visits & your loved one a healthy recovery. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job combining the colors with the sketch! I love the explosion and the dimension you gave it. As your sentiment says... "WOW!" :) I'm glad you joined in our challenge this week at CC&S - it's always a treat to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards every week - this one is no exception - awesome card! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.