Wednesday 13 August 2014

Wednesday Words

Today I'm sharing a scrapbook page.  Seems ages since I've got my scrapbook supplies out, think it's because I had my spot as guest designer over at The Memory Nest and those pages were done in advance of the publishing day.

Today I'm back as a player and using their current Make It Monday sketch.

 http://www.thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/make-it-monday-no-22.html

I'm sharing a page about a recent trip baby supply shopping. It was so much fun watching my oldest son and daughter-in-law experiencing a massive learning curve about baby retailing.  They started the day mere novices and ended it tired but very experienced and savvy shoppers. I'm so pleased I was there to witness it all!


This sketch has a lot of layers spread out over the whole page. So I adapted them a little to match my more CAS style a little closer.  I also kept the whole circle on view as I found it looked unbalanced without the bottom showing on my shrunken sizes.

I was considering missing out the row of banner flags under the title, but decided to experiment with washi tape. And I think it was a success, I'm rather liking the transparent and subtle look.


And as I'm now a stamper at heart I couldn't resist adding some relevant words to the blue block on the right hand side.


So after a bit of a tentative start and a bit of experimenting - you know unsticking things, tearing the paper surface and then needing to cover up the blotches -  I'm actually rather pleased with the end result.

Supplies:
Papers: Lilybee designs, pinwheel sprinkles; ep, country drive; Bazzill Basics, plain cardstock
Alphas: Websters storytellers
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Journal It, Good Times; Technique Tuesday, Beautiful by Ali Edwards
Inks: Staz-On, jet black; Memento, tuxedo black
Die: Clearly Besotted, hello 
Embellishments: doodlebug sprinkles, bumblebee asst; washi tape from my stash

Great to get a scrapbook page done and now my grandsons are here for a week there'll be many more photo opportunities for a while. Expect to see some project life pages soon! (Oh, and fingers crossed, hoping to have an announcement about Project Life at the end of this month.)

Thanks for spending some of your time with me today.

Jane
 ***

2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, what a fun event to scrap. Love the colors you chose and how you used the sketch!! Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your fabulous layout with us at tMN!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.