Wednesday 27 August 2014

Wednesday Words

Another day, another scrapbook page!

I've had this layout from Let's Get Sketchy in mind for several days and just needed to find a moment to print out the photo - such a fun image!

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/  

Be sure to check out the fabulous pages from the DT here. Such a doozy of a sketch and I really enjoyed interpreting it and creating my page.



I used up loads of scrap pieces of paper for the strips and banner, stamped the camera and film roll images and sentiment and then got incredibly messy flicking ink splodges all over the page. I used  a distress re-inker blobbed onto an acrylic block and dipped a paintbrush into it.  It worked really well, but took for ever to dry and being impatient I added the alphas and got even more ink on my fingers - lesson learnt!



Supplies:
Papers: scraps from Little Yellow bicycle, Collage Press, October Afternoon, American Crafts & others
Alphas: Fancy Pants Designs, red large alpha; Bella Blvd, Sophisticates; Websters, storytellers
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Strike A Pose!
Ink: Memento, nautical blue; Ranger distress, chipped sapphire
Die: Xcut, spiro circle
Punch: ek success, scallop edger
Embellishments: Scrap 365, wooden shapes stars; Simple Stories, diy burlap stickers

Thanks for coming by and spending some time looking today.

Jane
 ***

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic page! Thanks for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stamping! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use up your scraps - LO is awesome
    Thank you for playing along at Let's Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page! Love the stamping. Thanks for joining us @ LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun page! Love the stamping the and splatters! Love the mix of alphas on your title. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun take on my sketch! Love the inking...whenever I get impatient with my mediums drying I whip out my heat gun ;). Thanks for playing along at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fantastic! What a great use of the sketch. Thank you for joining our challenge at LGS

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.