Sunday 7 September 2014

AAA Cards Game 19 Enjoy

Another bumper crop of water coloured cards last week. I've collected so many ideas and things I want to try out after visiting all of your blogs.

This week at AAA Cards we've a sketch for you to ENJOY creating with.

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/ 

I was so thrilled when I saw the title of this sketch as I knew I'd be able to play with my Lavinia stamps and create one of those atmospheric scenes that her stamps lend themselves to so easily. And I really did ENJOY creating this card - a sort of once in a blue moon type of scene.


 I started out by stamping the rippling water and moon - as these two stamps have been in my stash a while I can't remember who makes them.

Next I stamped the unicorn and its reflection using my speedball brayer - been a while since I've done this technique. Basically you ink up the stamp as normal and then roll the brayer over it and then brayer it onto the card.  It took me a few attempts to place it exactly where I wanted it and I found it easier to do the reflection first and then match up the stamp to the reflection.


I then stamped the trailing leaves in a mixture of black and chipped sapphire, re-stamping some without re-inking.  I used my inkylicious brushes to add a shadowy edge round the scene.

I finished off by matting the scene and stamping a sentiment which I outlined with a trio of adhesive stones.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia, unicorn, leaves; Clearly Besotted, Say It In Style
Inks: Ranger distress, chipped sapphire; Versafine, onyx black
Embellishments: Papermanis adhesive stones

All you need to do now is check out the samples from the rest of the team and then ENJOY using the sketch to create your entry to this week's challenge. Good luck everyone!

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Hope you've found it interesting.

Jane
 *** 

4 comments:

  1. Super card just like every week! That shadow is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! When I first saw this card I was blown away! Best unicorn ever! Hugs, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AMAZING! Love that shadow effect from your very cool moon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just magical and outstanding, Jane! Thank you for the tips. I've never done the reflection technique. You always inspire.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.