Monday 8 September 2014

Monday Moments 1

This is the first of two posts today.  I made cards for different challenges and then realised I needed to get them posted or I would miss the deadlines.

So first up is the card I made for three challenges.  The layout is from Freshly Made Sketeches, the theme from The Card Concept and it also fits in with The Male Room, Autumn.

 http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/freshly-made-sketches-152-sketch-by.html    http://thecardconcept.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-18-back-to-school-theme.html
Grab our button for your blog 

The sketch was a doozy to work with - doozy is a new word to me discovered in blogland, so I'm hoping I've used it appropriately!  The colours came from both the picture inspiration and obviously Autumn.


I did experiment with making a blackboard, as in The Card Concept's picture. It actually looked really good, but when I attached it to the rest of the card it was too much of a contrast and it ended up in the bin.  I'm wondering if it might be an idea to challenge myself and other crafters to post some bin cards just to see if they're really as bad as we think.

So anyway I went with a whiteboard instead, not interactive, but still more often seen in schools these days than blackboards - well that's my excuse.


Then I got to thinking I actually liked the card before the tree part was added, so I made another.  Not suitable for Freshly Made Sketches, but maybe The Card Concept's clean and simple section.


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Design A Tree, An Apple A Day, Good Times;  Uniko Studio, Sweet Baby
Inks: SU, real red, calypso coral, pumpkin pie; Memento, pear tart, rich cocoa
Die: Lil'inker, stitched mats rectangles

Scroll on down for my other post today.






9 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those polka dot apples!
    Great cards Jane.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...love that you made a "whiteboard" instead of a chalkboard. You are SO right...I haven't seen a chalkboard in a school for 20 years! Cute card and I love that there is a "Male" card challenge out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamping! I love this very clean and pretty card. Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Lots of sweet apples! So LOVELY!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both versions, but the apples-only has a nice balance to it.

    Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, clean card! Thanks for joining in at The Male Room~

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have all been there with cards going to the "bin" (lol)-your apples only card is a great cas design and so perfect for the Card Concept challenge-thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your card with the apples and the tree with falling leaves! Lovely clean, simple design. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patterned apples are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.