Monday 15 September 2014

Monday Moments & Unique Blog Hop

Welcome to a new week and to my involvement with the Unique Blog Hop.  I'd read about this on several blogs that I regularly visit, so I was absolutely delighted when Kimberly nominated me to join in - here.

Kimberly has been such an inspiration to me since I started blogging and her kind words and constant encouragement have really buoyed me up.  So be sure to check out her blog, always full of bright and colourful creations and maybe leave her some love too.

I'll answer the blog hop questions in a bit but first I want to share a card I've made for this week's CAS Colours & Sketches and Color Throwdown challenges- and thank you to Joan for picking my card as one that caught her eye!

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-91-sketch.html   http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/color-throwdown-309.html 


Still is far too early for Christmas cards, but the colours and layout just seemed appropriate.  Here's a closer look at the die cut snowflakes - hope I'm not jinxing this lovely Autumn sunshine we've been having, brrr!


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Stunning Snowflakes, All Occasion Sentiments #4
Inks: Memento, Bahama blue, Summer sky, pear tart, London fog
Dies: Marianne, snowflake; Xcut, spiro circles
Embellishments: Adhesive pearls 

And now for the Unique Blog Hop questions:

What are you currently working on?

Two major projects at the moment!

1. Shimelle's Learn Something New Every Day (LSNED).  Through out September a daily email drops into my inbox with a topic to ponder and think about for the day. This is the third year I've done this and I'm loving it just as much now as I did in 2012.  This year I'm recording my thoughts and lessons on 4x6 landscape cards and keeping the format really simple.


2. My October DT Project Life cards for Unscripted Sketches.  These little cards are such fun to create and allow me to indulge in a more layered style.

11Jane 

How does your work differ from others of its genre?

I'm still evolving my style of card making, but I think I'm definitely in the CAS camp.  And maybe I'm clean and tidy as well as simple.  Typical things I do are: bottom right hand groupings, trios of dots, horizontal and/or vertical strips and I love large sentiments.


How does your creative process work?

I'm a very organised sort of person and I like to work in a tidy uncluttered environment. So usually:
  • I have an idea - often sparked from a challenge theme, sketch or colour combination
  • I gather my supplies 
  • I create 
  • I tidy up - always! 
I'm guessing this is why CAS appeals so much to me.  I love all that white space just like I lean towards a minimal tidy living space - still a work in progress though!

What inspires your work?

I suppose the simple answer is everything - shop displays, design team samples, nature, browsing blogs, instagram and pinterest.


Also discovering Uniko Studio and Clearly Besotted stamps has really influenced and changed my style over the last twelve months.

And NOW it's my turn to introduce you to two lovely ladies who have kindly agreed to be nominated by me to carry on this Unique Blog Hop.

First up is Zoe, my local SU demonstrator. She has taught me so many clever ways to use stamps and is such a calm and patient tutor. Check out her blog www.stampingscene.blogspot.co.uk for wonderful ideas and techniques.

Next up is Monika who I've met via her entries to AAA Cards challenges. She says she prefers to create cards for men, could be a reason why I enjoy her work!  Go visit www.creativewithmonika.blogspot.co.uk  to appreciate her friendly inspiring blog.

Looking forward to their posts next week so I can learn a little more about how they create.

Thank you so much for your time today looking at this extended blog post.  I really do appreciate your time and all the lovely comments you leave.

Jane
 ***

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful christmas card using non traditional colours but it really works. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to learn more about you Jane!! We are definitely at polar ends LOL! I'm an untidy scrapper, and not at all organised...weeeeell, organised mess I suppose. And don't have a style I think, well maybe its quite a bit of this, then changes to that, but clean and tidy.... nope, not me. tee hee. I always admire organised scrappers (and clean, simple designs too) but cant achieve it! Love the colour palette in your Christmas card - that is just beautiful as with your little boat card. And of course your US Sketch card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fabulous projects Jayne and lots of inspiration for us all. Thank you too for your kind words and inviting me to join this unique blog hop. I just hope I live up to it! See you soon. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these colors for Christmas... wonderful!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Jane...first I wanna say lovely christmas card you made and the color is fit to the color challenge and great using the Sketch..

    Jane many thanks for nominated me..I try my best but I am not promise you..please dont hate me...its is not easy with my MIL sick and has a brain tumor..we dont know how long she can stay...hope it will be soon also she will be happy fly to GOD and we feel more relax..its could be nice for her to not feel sick anymore..what do you think Jane..

    Many many thanks and I am happy to know you more...and hope we can be a Blogland friend...you are a very nice lady you shout me out hey Monika why dont you join AAA card challenge...and I try my bes to always join (grinz) but sometimes the time is so limited and I pass the last challenge...

    Lovely cas card you made, love much the one with ship...clean and crisp and simple (like my style :) ) hope we can still meet each other on our Blog Jane..

    Big hugs, Monika from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all YOU rock! Secondly,YOU work wonders with Uniko - TRULY you are the reason I have purchased the few sets I have!!!
    and then...It is NEVER to early for Christmas!!! I LOVE Merry Monday Christmas Challenge (1 week) and Festive Friday Christmas Challenge (2 weeks yay!)---which I am a Guestie on this past Friday, and this Friday as well....I know you are too busy to join ---, but you should look at the lovelies there, inspiring for sure!!!!! Love your US layered loveliness, so diverse, LOVE that about your style, you are amazing and can do anything....still jealous I cannot knit or sew,,,but I won't hold that against you... much!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a terrific Christmas card by combining the colors with our sketch! Thanks for joining us again this week at CAS - Colours & Sketches.
    And as Kimberly said - it's never too early for Christmas. ;) If you have a chance, check out 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - we'd love to have you play along with us there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card. Love the way you used the colors on a holiday card. Those layered snowflakes look great. So glad you played along with us at The Color Throwdown last week. Hope you'll check out the new challenge. :) I had fun reading about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These colors work SO perfectly with the snowflakes! I just love this! Thanks for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card! Love that you used non-traditional colors for Christmas! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you created the snowflake, absolutely fab use of the sketch and very CAS. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.