Tuesday 2 September 2014

Tuesday Talk & Envelope Calendar

Hello and welcome to my blog at the beginning of a new week. And the beginning of a new month.  And the beginning of a new album of Learn Something New Every Day. Don't know what this is? Keep coming back to my blog throughout September and you'll find out.  Check here for more immediate info.

Today it's a card for CAS Colours & Sketches. A simple little sketch which I have grunged up and indulged my passion for purple.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-89-sketch.html 


I first saw this stamp over at Kathy's blog Purple Princess Diaries - here - and knew immediately it was right up my street.  On this card I've combined it with a sentiment from Clearly Besotted and sparkled it all up with Stickles.


Supplies:
Stamps: Creative Expressions, Urban Beats; Clealry Besotted, Superstar
Ink: Adirondack, purple twilight
Die: Paper Smooches, stitched
Embellishments: Stickles, Star Dust

Next up is my share of the contents for my August Envelope Calendar. Still loads of fall out from my Dad's hospital stay and looking to be sometime yet before I manage to establish some sort of regular routine to life, but I'm taking it a day at a time and clinging on!


The weather photo:


The quote - and I am trying to embrace it!


And my journalling:


 
Hope your week has got off to a good start and many thanks for dropping by today.

Jane
 ***

2 comments:

  1. The abstractness of this card is so cool! I love the embossed faux stitching, and how it bisects the star image. Excellent job, Jane! Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card - really love how you used the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.