Tuesday 9 September 2014

Tuesday Talk

Yay! I made into last week's top three AND I've got all the correct SU colours for this week's CAS Colours & Sketches challenge. And CAS(E) this Sketch have got a beautifully simple sketch which is right up my street. Feeling lucky today!

Winners Blog Button  http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/top-three-winners-challenge-88.html 

So enough of self love, here are the current challenges:

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-90-colours.html   http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/case-this-sketch-91.html

I was inspied by Jacqueline's card to break out my Gorgeous Grunge stamps again and combined them with a couple of other SU sets.


I started by stamping the vertical element straight onto the base card and then stamped the leaves and butterfly onto scrap card.  The leaves were die cut and the butterfly punched.


My card was finished off with a Clearly Besotted sentiment stamped onto a banner and a trio of pearls.

Supplies:
Stamps: Gorgeous Grunge, Kinda Eclectic, Papillon Potpourri; Clearly Besotted, Take Good Care
Inks: SU, blackberry bliss, lost lagoon, tangelo twist
Dies: Clearly Besotted, Tag Along; Xcut, spiro circle
Punch: SU, butterfly
Embellishments: Wink of Stella, clear; Habico, opulant pearls

Just time to share my first week of LSNED lessons.  A great workshop running through September to make you stop and think about what is going on in your life. Find out more here

Day 1 - When thinking about what I was most looking forward to in this workshop - Quiet time & reflection every day
Day 2 - Pondering about people who have influenced me & made me want to do seemingly impossible things - Just do it!
Day 3 - Thinking about the progress my dad had made since coming out of hospital - Acknowledge the tiny steps
Day 4 - Thinking about how I spend my time at the moment - Time at home, never take it for granted
Day 5 - Wondering about my time again - Cultivate  Dolce far Niente/ - the sweetness of doing nothing 
Day 6 - Thinking about things I'm grateful for - It's good to think about gratitude, even better to write it in my journal
Day 7 - Back to time again, how I try to fill every waking moment with busy and that dolce far niente idea - Do less, relax more

Be sure to follow that Dolce Far Niente link. There's amazing instructions on how to eat chocolate mindfully - not sure I've got it right yet though, need loads more practise!

Thanks for your time today.

Jane
 ***
 


10 comments:

  1. Well done you, your card was INSPIRED!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, your card is refreshingly and absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win last week Jane! You have come back with a cracking card this week....absolutely gorgeous! :)
    Thanks for joining us again at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job combining the sketch with the colors! I really like how you've used the grunge background stamps here. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is wonderful! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the sketch--love those grungy lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, as always. Love how you used the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.