Wednesday 10 September 2014

Wednesday Words & Ten On The Tenth

Back to scrapbooking today, still working my way through all the photos from the visit of my grandsons in August. And then I found this one and knew it was far too precious to disappear into a project life page - it just had to be a whole page completely devoted to it.

Luckily the first September sketch at The Memory Nest fitted the bill perfectly and in no time at all my page was finished.

http://thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/make-it-monday-no-24.html



Such a sweet tender moment wanting to talk to his new baby cousin.


And a little closer look at those bottoms accents which helped to make this page flow.


Supplies:
Papers: Bazzill Basics, cardstock; AC, chap; lilybeedesign, picnic basket
Alphas: Websters, storytellers
Stamps: Clearly Besotted, Journal It; SU, Gorgeous Grunge
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black; SU, whisper white; Staz On, jet black
Punch: Martha Stewart, heart
Embellishments: Scrap 365, wooden shapes mini hearts

Oh just thought I'd mention the new Unscripted Sketches challenge that is perfect for project life and scrapbook pages. Pop over and check it out!

Now for my ten things on the tenth.  This month I decided to share some random facts about myself, accompanied as always by photographic evidence, although mainly taken with my little panasonic point and shoot instead of my trusty phone camera.

1.  I eat far too much chocolate! And not the dark supposedly better for you kind. No, not me, I'm into the sweet milky definitely a pound a mouthful kind - that's pounds in weight not money. And worse than that my current craze is for those little bars filled with coconut bought by the bagful at Lidl.


2. I'm totally addicted to playing games on my phone - that's when I'm not taking photos, catching up with facebook & instagram or reading my emails. Maybe I should say I'm totally addicted to my phone!


3.  My favourite Winter pastime for those long dark cold days - jigsaws.  This is just one stash hidden in the spare room wardrobe, there are other places too! I do try to only keep favourites that I know I'll do again - and I've done most at least three times - but the pile seems to have drunk some 'grow me' potion.


4.  Surprisingly I do find time to read too. Often on my kindle, but these are a few books that just jumped into my supermarket trolley last month. I've read two and another not in this photo, so I'm onto it.


5.  I have two piercings in each ear, but am currently wearing odd sets in each ear.  No one has noticed, or maybe they're just too polite to say, but there is a reason for this madness and it's not because I'm stylish or trendsetting.  I just keep losing or breaking one earring from a set and end up with a box full of expensive misfits, so I decided just to go with it and give them some love.


6.  When I first retired from my full time career as a school teacher I found myself a Saturday job in a wedding dress shop. Such bliss after the stresses of such a life consuming job to just turn up in the morning, chat to happy people all day and then return home in the evening and forget all about it until the next week.  And that was my inspiration for my dolls house bridal shop.


7.  Although I loathe the everyday task of cooking meals I do like to dabble with baking.  Not that my cakes usually look like these - they were made on a cupcake decorating course I went on a couple of years ago.  The only downside of baking is that nothing lasts for more than two seconds in my house!


8.  I keep a gratitude journal - well I do in fits and starts. Even on the days I don't write I always mull over three things before going to sleep.  Recently I was challenged on facebook to post three things I was thankful for on five consecutive days. This is one of the posts I shared.

 

9. My all time favourite holiday destination is Portugal. Love the clear sea, brilliant blue sky and interesting coves, cliffs and rock formations.


10.  Now please don't be scared by this last image. This is my childhood teddy that has obviously seen better days. I don't think he ever recovered from our puppy finding him one day when we were out and also the fact that I slept with him just about every night until I got married at the age of 23 might have something to do with his looks.


Well thank you for sticking with me to the end, hope this share has given you a little bit more of an insight into what makes me tick. Next Monday, 15th, I'm taking part in an Unique Blog Hop which concentrates more on my creative processes. Check out Kimberly's post here for her slant on all things creative.

Bye for now, hope to see you again tomorrow.

Jane
 ***

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a sweet picture. You did a perfect job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white splatters on the background. It adds lots of dimension. Hearts from the MN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this layout! Not only do I love the bright fun pages but loving that darling and precious moment!!! Thanks for playing along Jane!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.