Tuesday 28 October 2014

Tuesday Talk

Another Christmas card for my box today. I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch replacing the butterflies with snowflakes.

http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/case-this-sketch-97.html

I made the white die cut strip first, just placing the die halfway across on each side.  Next I die cut the two purple snowflakes and placed them inside the matching die cut on the white strip.


I then matted this onto silver mirri board to help the snowflake pop, especially from the white strip which I considered mounting onto pads but as I really liked how snug the snowflakes looked tucked inside I left it flat. 

Finally I added the sentiment and matted the whole thing onto a white card base. I know this has added another strip that's not in the sketch, but the whole left hand side in mirri board was just too much!


It was impossible to get a photo of the detail without catching me and my camera's reflection in the mirri board. But hey that's one of life's happy little accidents and I actually love this shot and how it highlights the die cut in the white card.

Supplies:
Stamp: SU, Endless Wishes
Ink: Memento, grape jelly
Die: Crafter's Companion Die'sire, snowflakes
Card: silver mirri board & purple glitter card from my stash

So pleased you dropped by today, thanks for yur time.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Jane this is just fabulous! The silver mirri board do their job perfectly!
    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally GORGEOUS!!! Love the silver pairing with the snowflakes!!! So VERY elegant my dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the silver foil! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.