Thursday 21 May 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches #125

Another set of gorgeous colours for the new challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. And as I've recently filled in some of the gaps in my SU inkpads I've actually got all three colours - makes life so much easier.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2015/05/challenge-125-colours.html

I decided to try a little watercolouring for my card and started by spritzing some water over the ink on an acrylic block. I painted stripes of colour, leaving a space between each one.


While the stripes were still wet I had fun flicking some of the leftover ink over them and onto the card. Then came the hard part - leaving it all to dry!


Back I came later in the day and stamped the beautiful dandelions on top of my watercolouring. The whole panel was then matted onto some coloured cardstock slightly off centre and down to the bottom right.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia Stamps, Dandelions; Clearly Besotted, sentiment from Geometric Style
Inks: SU, crushed curry, elegant eggplant, garden green; Memento, tuxedo black

So what will you create with these colours? I know I'll be blown away by your imagination and creativity. Don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT has made to inspire you - here.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I do appreciate you taking the time. And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Neat watercolouring and great splatters makes for yet another wonderful card Jane. Thanks for your kind comments and support. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the brush strokes Jane, such a wonderful effect and use of the colour palette too. Hugs Bev
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Jane. Love the brush strokes in background with the black silhouette images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, totally brilliant card! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your watercolored background is a lovely way to show off the floral silhouettes. Super job, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.