Saturday 30 May 2015

Saturday Slot - Our Beautiful World

Just squeezing in timewise for a new link up all to do with photography. If you follow me you'll know how much I love to take photos, nothing very technical or brilliant, just for the sheer joy of recording everyday life. So, of course, when I saw this blog -

http://our--beautiful--world--365.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/week-98-broken.html   
                                                                                                       - I was hooked straight away.

So each Sunday a prompt is given, DT photos and their stories are shared - love that idea of telling the story behind the photo, isn't that the basis of scrapbooking? Then it's up to you to take a photograph and link up. It's not a challenge, it's just a sharing of photographs from all over the world.

This week the prompt was  BROKEN

Here's my photo:
And here's the story:
                                  As I walked through the church yard to my dad's each evening I became fascinated by the growth of these toadstools growing round the base of an old tree stump. People looked at me and I could see them wondering what I was doing as I knelt down to take a photo each evening. Then of course one evening the inevitable had happened and I found them broken down on the ground. Sad for me, but a reminder of the power of nature and a lesson to grab opportunities as they arise.

 And as this post is all about photography it seems a good time to share my three things that have made me smile in May.

1. My youngest grandson trying out my cot for the first time. And here's hoping it will be used loads more! Aw bless. The two fingers being sucked - all three of my boys did this too.


2. A photo of me deep in concentration pricking out some flower seedlings. This was taken completely unknown to me by my husband, so imagine my surprise when this popped up as I was uploading photos from the camera to the computer. Definitely made me smile!


3. Some of my favourite colours planted up in tubs, a welcome splash of colour and the promise of Summer to come.


Something a little different on my blog today then, hope you enjoyed looking and many thanks for your visit.

And keep your camera handy!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you found us! Wonderful photos!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OBW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Jane, what a wonderful over time photos of the toadstools... kind of like time lapse. Your are so right.. it is a reminder of the power of nature. Fabulous seeing you in your garden.... there you are going into Summer and here we are rugging up against Winter. Precious photo of your dear little grandson... moments to savour for sure. Thanks for coming and taking part with Our Beautiful World. Really happy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to "Our beautiful World" you are so right with your saying about opportunities!
    Great post and a cute snapshot of your grandson!
    Thanks for sharing with us at"OBW"

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.