Monday 29 June 2015

Monday Moments

Today I'm sharing a card I made for the current challenge at Time Out. Check out this busy busy inspirational photo and how some of the DT pared it down to CAS.

http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.fi/2015/06/time-out-challenge-34.html

I was so inspired by their ability to do this that I knew I just had to give it a go. I really loved Sandie's idea that when a door opens you say hello and that's where I started.


I picked up on the colours and chevrons from the photo as well as the doorway and I loved the way the top half was white with all the patterns at the bottom.


I stamped my greeting in chocolate chip to add that little bit of brown from the photo. And I'm loving how this close up of my card gives a false impression of the middle rectangle being adhered on top rather than cut out - one of those trick your eyes things.

So do you think I've achieved that CAS look I was after while still remaining true to the photo? Hope so!

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Background Builders Chevrons & All Occasion Sentiments #2
Inks: SU, strawberry slush, pink pirouette, calypso coral, chocolate chip

Thanks for your time today, I do appreciate your visit. And keep crafting!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jane, as am so chuffed my card inspired you. And your take is more true to the photo! You kept the chevrons in and all that white space, such a clever idea to go with the brown ink as a nod to the brown in the photo...love th idea. And wow to the optical illusion, I kept having to look at the smaller image to see what you meant, but this is amazing, a real trick of the eyes. So pleased you joined is at TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, most definitely, Jane ... such fabulous bold colours against all that glorious white space ... CASilicious! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool!! I thought at first you had adhered a white square onto the card but was so surprised when I came to your blog. The white space is STUNNING on this card. Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome & perfectly CAS. I love your thinking behind the card and it truly interprets the inspiration. FAB use of Uniko stamps too :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clean and graphic look you gave to the cards! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the CAS look!! Great use of the inspiration photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Jane! Cool, CAS and graphic - a great take on the photo. Thanks for playing along with us at TO!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.