Sunday 28 February 2016

AAA Cards Challenge #59 - Embossing

Leap year day tomorrow - so will you be proposing? Or maybe you'd rather just chill out and make a card! Well AAA Cards has a new challenge and we'd like to see some embossing.

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2016/02/game-59-embossing.html

Now I'm not that clever at heat embossing and my results never seem to match what I see in my head.  But I'm determined to keep trying, so this was an ideal opportunity to give it another go.


And I thought the chunky sentiment of this stamp would be a good one to use to practise my skills. I'm thinking it didn't turn out too bad!


I used both sides of a patterned paper and some enamel dots to finish off my card.

Supplies:
Stamp: SU, Botanicals For You
Ink: Versamark + black embossing powder
Paper: SU, Birthday Bouquet
Embellishments: Doodlebug Sprinkles, beetle black asst

Of course your embossing doesn't have to be the heat it up kind like mine. You could try embossing folders or dry embossing or any type of embossing that you know and enjoy using. There is a whole lot of DT inspiration waiting for you at AAA Cards - a must see!

Oh I nearly forgot - there's a $20 gift certificate to spend at Stampendous for the winner of this challenge. Now that's surely worth a try for!

Thanks for dropping by my blog today, your time is really appreciated. And keep crafting!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Well you rocked the embossing Jane. What I love about this is how you combined the chunky embossing with such pretty paper, love the contact x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! LOVE the big sentiment and the flower paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! That's some yummy DP Jane and beautiful colours. Super striking embossed sentiment too.
    Love it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love the patterned paper you used and your design is wonderful the person receiving this card is going to feel really blessed!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely card, I can't stop looking at it. I absolutely love this design and how your used the patterned paper! I am not very good with pattered paper but love to buy it! LoL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your embossing looks great, Jane. I love the big sentiment trend, and this is a great one. Your papers are beautiful. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brave with BLACK embossing powder - I cannot get it to work and you did a great job on such a big sentiment. LOVE this paper you used too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that chunky sentiment - beautiful and shiny with the embossing! I love the patterned paper too - it works perfectly with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.