Monday 1 February 2016

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday Challenge #53

Today sees the first February challenge at The Memory Nest. The sketch can be used for a scrapbook page or a card - whatever is your thing.

http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2016/01/make-it-monday-no-53.html

And as you know scrapbooking is really my thing and I'm always looking for opportunities to share pages as a change from cards. So here's my page:


And it uses one of those unexpected precious moments photos, snapped when both of them were so engrossed they didn't even look up when I clicked.


I used one of the photo spaces from the sketch for my journalling and created a homemade tag to fit the spot. I used a grid paper for the background and then stamped some sentiments. I find having a grid helps to keep my writing straight and spaced. 


I stapled three ribbon loops to the top of the photo mat and a wooden star matted onto a diecut star. The stars were repeated along the left hand strip - I like trios of the same thing!

Supplies:
Papers: My Mind's Eye, the sweetest thing; Chatterbox, scrapbook walls; Scraps from my stash
Stamps: STAMPlorations, noteworthy; Maya Road, spool sentiments
Ink: SU, night of navy
Alpha: Papermania, birdsong
Die: Xcut, stars
Embellishments: Scrap 365, wooden shapes, ribbon from my stash; mini stapler

My team mates at The Memory Nest have loads more inspiring ways to use this sketch, so go take a look.

Thanks for looking today, I value your company and time. And keep crafting!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous page and such a sweet photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo and page!! Love what you did with the sketch!! Thanks, Jane!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.