Friday 4 March 2016

Friday Focus

When I saw the challenge theme at Cardz 4 Guys I just knew I'd be entering a card. They want you to create your own background and although this has come as a bit of a surprise to me I do really enjoy doing just that.

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo 
 Challenge # 109 Create Your Own Background

And it helped that my new order from Visible Image had just arrived and I was itching to get at least one of my haul inked up. Here's my card:


I started to create my background by stencilling in red and curry onto watercolour paper. I then spritzed it all with water to spread and smudge the colours. Once this was dry I used an inkylicious duster brush to add purple and red round the edges.


On top of all this I stamped the guitar, using my misti tool to get a good clear deep image. And then I resisted the tempatation to add more and just left it. I don't often say this about my own cards, but I'm totally in love with this colour and stamp combo. This card is going on my craft room wall!

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, Music Speaks
Inks: SU, real red, crushed curry; Ranger distress, dusty concord; Memento, tuxedo black
Stencil: Hero Arts, confetti pair

I'll also be sharing this card on Visible Image's facebook page once the March link goes live.

Thanks for coming to visit my blog today, it was really great to have you here. 

And keep crafting! 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Fab background Jane, love those vibrant colours.
    Lucky you to have received your VI stamps, their FB page suggests a severe backlog in orders!
    Oh, thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooow Jane
    My card is near yours
    anddd yours is so outstanding
    stand there and so beautiful I love the background you put here and I love that guitar stamp..for me this is my winner card
    see my card for guys its so different than yours :)
    love your take on manly card
    you are so talented
    and I miss your visit Jane
    big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faulous, I love your vibrant, zingy background with the fab image. thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.
    Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, fab background and great stamp

    Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this week

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! What a powerful and beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, I love the combination of colours, it positively glows!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.