Monday 15 August 2016

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday Challenge #69

This is my second DT challenge for August at The Memory Nest, but it's actually the third August Challenge over there. Thropughout August we've been split into two teams and there's a prize to be won each week as well as a grand prize at the end of the month. The more times you enter the more chance you have of winning!

http://thememorynest.blogspot.co.uk/

My page is all about the weather and my garden. I always include a page around this theme in my yearly album. and this year I used the Simple Stories Bloom & Grow collection - a perfect match for this page.


I loved the straight linear line of this sketch and once the basics were there had great fun adding all the embellishments.


We had a really slow start to Summer warmth this year so I definitely homed in quickly when we eventually got some sunshine. I have to say since then we've been really lucky with lots more wonderful sunshine and opportunities to sit out in the garden.


I used the instaweather app on my phone to snap this picture, love that it gives the place, date and time as well as the weather.


And this is a wild poppy that seeded itself and was a wonderful surprise - love the pink and purples!

Supplies:
Paper:Simple Stories, Bloom & Grow
Embellishments: All Simple Stories, Bloom & Grow - bits & pieces, chipboard stickers & expressions cardstock stickers

Have you seen the rest of The Memory Nest's DT creations yet? Fab aren't they? So what are you waiting for? Go get creating a scrapbook page or card using the sketch and who knows you could be the lucky winner!

I'm so pleased you had time to visit my blog today, thank you kindly.  And keep crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. This paper is perfect for these pretty flowers! I miss having a beautiful flower garden. I like how you used the app over the photo- such a great idea. This is a beautiful layout and take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!! Love the pictures!! Your papers and embellishments match them perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.