Sunday 8 January 2017

AAA Cards - #81 Hello

AAA Cards is back today with the first of its 2017 challenges and we've decided it's a great idea to kick off the year by saying hello!

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2017/01/cas-game-81-hello.html

Time for one of my favourite techniques from last year to make its first appearance this year - inlaid dies.  I die cut and inlaid the word hello from some bold coloured patterned paper into a white card strip. I adhered this to a plain white card.


Then to emphasise the slight difference in heights this created I used a strip of washi tape in a similar pattern to the paper.


And finished off my card by stamping the numerals 2017.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Classic Numbers
Inks: SU, night of navy
Die: Lawn Fawn, Scripty Hello
Paper: Lawn Fawn, Beachside

The AAA Cards team and out Guest Designer Valentyna have a whole wealth of stunning ideas about ways to say hello - check them all out here.

Thanks for your time today, it's been fabulous having you visit my blog, you're welcome back any time!  And keep crafting!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. CAS-tastic, fun and fabulous Jane. Gorgeous bold design and love the inlaid die technique. Happy New Year to you and yours. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A CAS beauty, wonderful and striking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic CAS feel. I love the white with the black and the polka dots are a great touch. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this technique as well. Love the contrast of the very dark and white. Happy New Year Jane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jane, how I love that sweet polka dot details!!! Such a pretty CAS card.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.