Monday 19 June 2017

Monday Moment

I do like to smoosh with watercolours don't you? So of course I couldn't resist the CAS Challenge at HLS - right up my street!

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/06/hls-june-cas-challenge.html

The other Sunday while I was at The Stamp Magic Craft show in Doncaster I was instantly drawn to this unicorn - just jumped right into my basket! So sweet!


I choose two that I thought would melt together nicely and inked them onto a large acrylic block and sprayed it with water. Then I smooshed a large piece of watercolour card around on top. It's always such fun to lift the card and see what's happened and I was pleased to see how pretty the colours looked together.


I stamped the unicorn and leaf stem and then added a bit more intense colour using promarkers and an enamel heart. I die cut the stitched circle round the unicorn and also on the card and then inlaid it back into the space. And of course the whole thing had to be sparkled up with Wink of Stella!

Supplies:
Stamps: Neat & Tangles, Magical Day
Inks: Ranger distress, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade; Memento, tuxedo black
Die: MFT Die-namics, Inside/Out Stitched Circles
Promarkers: peach, pink carnation
Embellishments: Wink of Stella; SU enamel heart flirty flamingo

Thanks so much for visiting today and I hope you have a magical day.  And keep crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great smooshed effect Jane... as you say it's always fun to see what appears when you lift the card from the ink!
    Cutie unicorn too!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Happy Little Stamper's CAS Challenge
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours blend together so much better than you would think. Perfect smoosh for the theme of your card.
    Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.