Tuesday 8 August 2017

Tuesday Talk

Today I'm sharing a simple little card made with a couple of challenges in mind. The sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch and the flower theme from Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge seemed too good a match to resist.

http://casethissketch.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/case-this-sketch-323.html    http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/08/hls-august-cas-challenge.html

Here's my card:


I used an MFT die to die cut the curved element from the sketch and then stamped the Uniko flower and sentiment.  I used my prismacolor pencils to add colour to the flower, stem and leaves and quite like the almost textured effect they give.

Still preferring the alcohol markers smoothness though and am currently learning about copics with an onlinecardclass workshop. I've ordered a few pens to experiment with as my trusty promarkers are beginning to dry up and I want to make an informed choice between the two. I'd be interested to hear your opinions.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Flower Power #3, sentiment from the retired A Gift For You 
Inks: Memento, tuxedo black
Die: MFT Die-namics, stitched basic edges
Clours: Prismacolor, mulberry, process red, chartreuse, lime peel

Thanks for visiting today, really pleased to share some of your time.  And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is perfect! Very pretty take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card...love your adorable flower. Thank you so much for playing along with us at HLS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, this is just adorable! I love it. Perfectly CAS and a wonderful way to create a background! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I encourage you to go for the COPIC markers...you will have them FOREVER as you can refill them and if you damage a tip, there are replacements for them too. The best thing about the COPICs is you can also blend forever and recover from any mistakes you make! Love mine and it is my preferred way to color (and I have all the other mediums but this is the best - LOL)
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.