Tuesday 12 August 2014

Tuesday Talk

And YES I've plenty to talk about today!

Some time back CASology asked for suggestions for future cue words and my immediate thought was MAGIC.  I knew I had loads of stamps to fit this theme and they were definitely lacking some love just recently.  Then I forgot all about it, until up popped an email saying my word had been chosen and would I like to be guest designer for this challenge.



No brainer! I accepted immediately! So this is a very exciting day for me and I'm very thankful to have been chosen!



So out came those neglected stamps and away I went creating some MAGIC on my card.  I used a watercoloured background in magicky colours and then waited a while - so hard - for this to dry. Two beautiful stamps from Lavinia created my little bit of magic and a 'believe' sentiment from Clearly Besotted - you have to believe to make the magic work!



The dragon was sparkled up with Wink of Stella and then the stars got even more sparkled up with stickles. 


I finished my card by mounting the watercolour card onto some rich razzleberry cardstock - a very beautiful, magical colour.  I know it sounds bold, but I'm really loving this card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lavinia, small dragon & star cluster; Clearly Besotted, Journal It
Inks: SU, rich razzleberry, tempting turquoise, daffodil delight; Memento, tuxedo black
Embellishments: Stickles, diamond; Wink of Stella, clear

So that's my excitement shared.  Hope you have fun creating something magical - so looking forward to seeing where this word takes you!  Thanks for your time today.

Jane
 ***

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love the colours, your water colouring, well just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the colours, image and sentiment, you have captured the essence of the cue card perfectly! So great to have you as GD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card looks awesome with all the magicky colors and sparkles. Love this! By the way, thanks for picking the awesome cue word, and I'm so glad to have you as a guest designer this week. May

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this so much, so awesome Jane to have you join us as a guestie (my dream come true!!!) So Magical !!! HUGS Jane, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card you created. So glad you picked our cue word for us this week. I had a great time with it. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done card for the cue word...and congrats on being GD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane! What a great cue word you chose, no wonder you won! So nice to have you guest designing at CASology this week...your card is VERY magical and quite enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful & magical card! Congrats on your Guest Designer spot :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card. I love the watercolor and glad you did a close up photo. Personally I think "magic" was not an easy cue word but I am satisfied with my card which I will post soon.
    Congrats on being the guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your magical water colouring. Very magical colour choice too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.