Thursday 20 October 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #196

Today I'm back with another CAS Colours & Sketches challenge and this week it's colours.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/10/design-team-call-and-colour-challenge.html

And with the green, red and copper combo I couldn't resist making a Christmas card.


Now I don't have any copper ink, card or embossing powder so I had to box clever and use an ordinary ink sparkled up with Wink of Stella. I'm hoping you'll think it's a good approximation.


I originally placed the bauble in the centre of the card, but decided to trim it down close on the left side and added a strip of red card. This offset look appeals to me more and seems to balance the card better.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Christmas Sparkle & Winter Foliage
Inks: SU, garden green, cherry cobbler; Memento, potter's clay
Embellishment: Wink of Stella, clear

I'm wondering how you'll use this trio of colours - I'm always amazed and delighted to see so many different applications pop up in the CC&S gallery. 

Oh and I mustn't forget to mention that CC&S are having a DT call at the moment - why not give it a go? Check out the details on the main blog - here.

So pleased you had time to drop in today, thanks a million.  And keep crafting! 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love the large ornament and the layout! What a clever way to do the copper color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bauble really looks like it is embossed with copper, very clever. Loving the mix of Uniko stamps and your layout too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you certainly had me believing you'd used copper embossing powder! What an ingenious way to get around that! Well done, Jane!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.