Tuesday 4 October 2016

Happy Little Stampers - October Christmas Challenge

The theme this monthe for the Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers is EMBOSSING.

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2016/10/hls-october-christmas-challenge.html

Now I have mixed feelings about this theme, the dry type of embossing I'm more than OK with, but the heat embossing technique fills me with dread. Why? Because I always seem to make so much mess and get the powder where I don't need it to be. And yes I do use one of those duster thingies and it has made a big difference, but I still need practise.


But onwards and upwards and never one to be defeated -  remember my word for 2016 is FEARLESS - so I tackled the heat embossing issue. Here's my sparkly heat embossed snowman sitting comfortably on a dry embossed panel.


Mmm, more issues with it not really showing in the photograph. Let's try again:



Supplies:
Stamps:FunStamps, Scribble Snowman; HLS Mixed Christmas Sentiments
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black; versamark
Embossing: Crafty Impressions, black rainbow sparkle; Cuttlebug, swiss dots
Promarkers: col grey 3 & 5, poppy 
Die: MFT Die-namics, Stitched Valley

Do go see what the rest of the HLS DT have created - here - I'm in awe of their expertise. I hope you'll be inspired to give embossing a go and I'll see your card popping up in the gallery.

Thanks for listening to my tale of woe today, I really do appreciate it.  And keep embossing!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that sparkly embossing Jane. Glad you took the pic on the angle. I love that pop of red on the pom pom. You did a beautiful job. I have an embossing tray I got from SU years ago which is wonderful. You pour the powder over it, and there is a little hole on one end that lets you easily pour the leftover powder right back in the EP jar. I don. know if they still have that product. I found the exact thing on Amazon. Search Tidy Tray. There are several. This is like what I have https://www.amazon.com/Tidy-Crafts-8-Inch-14-Inch-2-Pack/dp/B000AYXCNS/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1475677047&sr=8-18-spons&keywords=embossing+powder+tray&psc=1 This will help you to conquer your embossing powder thing!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white on white with a pop of colour Jane and you also used my all time favourite snowman, so you can imaging that I really love your gorgeous card!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white on white with a pop of colour Jane and you also used my all time favourite snowman, so you can imaging that I really love your gorgeous card!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you took the close-up photo so that we could see the sparkly embossing! Love that cute snowman! Great layering of the snowy hills and the dotted background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your card--every single element!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little guy looks sooo cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little guy looks sooo cute!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.