Thursday 17 November 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #200

YAY! CAS Colours & Sketches is celebrating its 200th challenge this week. That's just amazing! 

So this week we're creating cards using a colour scheme inspired by our blog banner - all the blues. And there's some prizes too! We have three fabulous sponsors - Uniko, Lawn Fawn & Stamplorations. Go check out how to win here.

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.com/2016/11/challenge-200-colours.html


This time of year is very heavy with family birthdays and my card was created with my youngest son in mind.


He manages an outdoor clothing shop and has sold me several t-shirts with a birds on the wire design, not to mention the coffee mugs we use every day. So the blues seemed perfect for a card reflecting this - I know he'll enjoy the joke!


I die cut the stitched rectangle from a pale blue, then stamped the birds using a medium and dark blue, trying for an ombre effect along the line. I repeated this ombre shading for the sentiment too.

Supplies:
Stamps: Inkylicious, Birds on a Wire Silhouette; HLS, Mix Mash
Inks: SU, marina mist, dapper denim
Die: MFT Die-namics, double stitched rectangles

OK are you ready to celebrate with us at CC&S? Go see the rest of the DT and our Guest Designer Joyce's cards - here - and then break out those blues.

So pleased you dropped by today on this auspicious occasion, thanks two hundred times!  And keep crafting!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I think this simple layout really allows the lovely images to shine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool story behind the card! Love the gradient birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those birds on a line, and doing them in ombre was truly inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome masculine card and loving the two tone birds on a wire. I am sure your son will love the card. FAB make. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you've created the card for your son with the personal meaning of the birds behind it! Super job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little birds on the blue sky, not something I've seen for a few days!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.