Saturday, 17 June 2017

Saturday Slot

Thought it was about time to get those brushos out and get inky - and messy - so I've made a card for this month's HLS Watercolour Challenge and Craft Stamper Magazine's Anything Goes Challenge.

http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/06/hls-june-watercolour-challenge.html    Take It, Make It Challenge

For this background I sprinkled a couple of colours and then blasted them with my water sprayer. Then I added in a third colour and watched. I'm so impatient I usually get carried away and add more colour too soon, but today I sat on my hands!


While the inks were drying - another part of using watercolours that has me champing at the bit - I stamped the large Uniko lily onto mask paper and cut it out. Then I stamped it in the bottom right hand corner of the card and added the mask before stamping the smaller lily and the bud stem.


I finished off by adding the sentiment, colouring those pollen stamens - you know the bits that go everywhere and stain things on a real lily -  and matting the whole thing onto white cardstock.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Pure Florals: Lily
Inks: Brusho, yellow, leaf green, turquoise; Memento, tuxedo black
Promarker: burnt orange

It's been a pleasure sharing your company today, thanks so much for calling in.  And keep crafting!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the swirly Brusho background. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.