Thursday 11 July 2013

Thursday 11th July 2013

           

Another scrapbook page to share today.  Leslie from www.thememorynest.blogspot.com kindly left a comment on my Friday page from last week http://www.purplejetlovescrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/friday-5th-july.html#comment-form and left her link.  So off I hopped and found this wonderful sketch for a scrapbook page challenge.



The colours are just so cool!  I knew exactly the right photo to scrap and put together my page so quickly following the sketch. I often interpret sketches a little more loosely, but this one just seemed so perfect to capture the movement and colours in the photo of my two grandsons.  They had been watching the Isle of Man sidecar races during TT week and my son sent me this photo of them in their homemade motorbike and side car. So cute!





I wanted to stamp the curved lines at the top, but only had a straight stitching stamp, so I just curved it round on my block to give me the right shape.  I then punched the half wheel shape two more times and put them together to make the circle behind the title.

Supplies:
Ink: Ranger distress ink, brushed corduroy
Stamps:  Technique Tuesday, notions
Card & paper:  My Mind's Eye, the sweetest thing bluebell; American Crafts chap; American Crafts craft cardstock; & bits from my stash
Letters & stickers:  ep summer & from my stash
Embellishements: Baker's twine
Punch: Martha Stewart

8 comments:

  1. Love what you created. Thank you for playing along. What a sweet photo of your grandsons. Love what you did with the circles on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is so beautiful layout!
    Love how you played with the color, and the circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch and the colors. Thank you for playing along with the summer challenge at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Scrap Page Layout!!! Perfectly Clean and Simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you created your circles! Very cool idea! And what a clever title too! Thanks for playing along with us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Love the stamping. Thanks for joining us at The Memory Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great layout! I love that Martha punch. Thanks for joining us at the Memory Nest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture is too darn cute! I love what you did with the punches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.