Thursday 7 September 2017

Uniko - Introducing Reach For The Stars

Welcome back. Today I'm introducing another stamp set from the Uniko September release. And it's a beauty - of course!


If you follow me even the slightest you'll know I love sentiment quote stamps and this set contains a few to make my heart sing.

Card number one has a watercoloured acryllic block background with a little added Uniko twinkle.


I'm smitten with the large curly font of the word star - so pretty! I used one of the largest stars from this set, and a good coating of Wink of Stella to make it very sparkly in real life.


Since the star is a silhouette I'm popping this card into the CAS Watercolour Card Challenge.

http://caswatercolour.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/cas-watercolour-september-challenge.html

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Reach For The Stars
Inks: Ranger distress, picked raspberry, peacock feathers, blueprint sketch, wilted violet
Embellishments: sequins from my satah; Wink of Stella, clear 

My next card makes use of both heat embossing and masking techniques. And some of my favourite colours too.


I started by stamping and heat embossing using sparkling snow embossing powder - can't have too much twinkle in my opinion!


I then masked off a strip across the width of the card and used distress oxides to blend the colours over all the stamping. A few flicks of water and the magic happened!

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Reach For The Stars
Inks: Ranger distress oxide, faded jeans, wilted violet, worn lipstick; Versamark, clear
Embossing: WOW!, sparkling snow

My final card was made with the colours from Less is More in mind and it's super quick and very easy to create.

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/challenge-344-lime-green-royal-blue.html



I simply stamped, added a brush of background ink, a Wink of Stella glisten and a narrow strip of card and called it a day.



Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Reach For The Stars
Inks: SU, lemon lime twist; Memento, danube blue


Want to see more of this stamp set? Well head on over to Uniko where there are links to the rest of the DT members blogs - they have many delights waiting to catch your eye.

Just one more day of introductions left now and then it's the full reveal and your chance to get these stamp sets flying into your basket. Exciting times!

Thanks for looking, so glad you did. Remember to come back tomorrow, but in the meantime keep crafting!

post signature

17 comments:

  1. Lovely BG on the 1sr one, and I like the colors on the second one, and the 3rd one is my favorite from the 3, simply love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a perfect way to showcase this new stamp set (which is high on my wish list). Love all of your cards, Jane, and I agree with you on the sentiments in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background on the first card.
    The star will be good for Nativity
    cards too.
    Beautiful cards.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can guess you love this stamp set a lot when I see this trio of fabulous cards ! Beautiful backgrounds to showcase this gorgeous set ! Love them all in particular the purple one ! Your third card is also a gorgeous take on LIM colour challenge. I love your design and layout ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have been busy with this set Jane and I'm swooning at each one! Perfect use of our lime and blue colour combo at Less is More this week (thanks for joining us) but loving those gentle blended colours on the first two and your BOKEH effect is just awesome and the perfect backdrop for those stars. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such dreamy, magical backgrounds to showcase the new stars which, in all cases, truly *are* the stars of your cards! Gorgeous, all!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three gorgeous cards, Jane! Love those sentiments and your backgrounds! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful backgrounds and great mix of colours, the sentiments are so perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my !! Your cards are wonderful!! I really love your style. The white and purple one looks like a dreams in movies ( you know the camera effect with the halos ??). Sorry for my bad English...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the different background techniques you've used - gorgeous colour combos too! Would never have thought of lime & green but you've rocked it! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome techniques Jane, I am inspired to give the watercolour block one a go and your Oxide ink technique is amazing, I so need to perfect mine as the magic didn't happen for me :( Another STELLAR showcase of Uniko. You ROCK. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a treat to see all 3 of your beautiful and creative starry CAS designed cards. I am so pleased you joined us at CAS Watercolour with your 1st gorgeous card. Love your acrylic block stamped watercolour background for your sweet silhouette star and sentiment. TFS Jane and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic post with great cards! I love the sentiment in your LIM card -beautifully said and so encouraging! The way you stamped the stars is fascinating, great layout and use of color. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is probably my favourite set and your cards really show it off so well. Love the bold watercolour background and simplicity of the design on the first one, the soft galaxy background on the second and my favourite colours on the third! You aced this intro!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving all of these, Jane. That first one is so pretty, a gorgeous blend and the single star is lovely. The bokeh effect of your second and our challenge colours of the third are both fantastic.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these are really cool! The first one really sings to me as it is using one of my favourite techniques with the acrylic block! I love this stamp set! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three gorgeous cards using this fun stamp set, Jane! LOVE the colours of your acrylic block. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.