Sunday 5 June 2016

AAA Cards - Game #66 Watercolour

Oh wow am I still reeling from the magic and mayhem of AAA Cards 2nd birthday challenge and games! But already it's time to move on to the next challenge and this one asks you to use a popular and beautiful technique.

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2016/06/game-66-watercolours.html

Don't you just love how totally unpredictable and unique each card is when you use watercolours?


A bit of a smoosh with three distress ink colours started my card off down this road of discovery. Once dry the incredibly beautiful Visible Image dragonfly was stamped on top - I'm so loving how the colours shine through the wings, almost like the real thing!


My card was finished off with the sentiment quote from the same stamp set - fabulous font and scrolls!

Supplies:
Stamps: Visible Image, Live in the Moment
Inks: Ranger distress, blueprint sketch, cracked pistachio, peacock feathers; Memento, tuxedo black

OK so now it's your turn. Go have fun experimenting and exploring the wonderful effects that watercolours create. The rest of the AAA Cards DT have already done this and you can see the results here. We also have a wonderful Guest Designer joining us for this challenge, Tracey, I hope you'll find time to visit her blog and leave some love.

Thanks for visiting today, hope you enjoyed your time here at my blog.  And keep crafting!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. This is so cool and very striking, Jane. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the colours come through the wings too. It makes them look translucent. Both cards are lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolute beauty Jane and perfect colours to surround your dragonfly. Super striking and eye-catching. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my jaw drop, Jane! What a beautiful card! I love the way your watercolor moved and the dragonfly is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane that dragonfly is gorgeous--wow! I love the watercolouring surrounding it, such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful watercolouring! I love how it comes thru the wings too. Beautiful sentiment font!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful watercolouring! I love how it comes thru the wings too. Beautiful sentiment font!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.