Wednesday 23 November 2016

The Male Room - #49 Scapes

A new challenge at The Male Room starts today and for the next fortnight we'd like to see some sort of ...scape on your project. It could be a landscape, a seascape, a city scape or any other type of scape you can think of. And of course it has to be suitable for a fella!

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/challenge-49-theme.html

I decided to create a snowy icy sort of landscape - must be something to do with all the Christmas cards I've been making recently.


As you can see it turned into a bit of night time scene. The skater boy is one of my favourite boy stamps, I think it was a freebie from a magazine, but I can't remember I've had it so long.

I started by stamping the bou and hand cutting round him to create a mask. I also masked off the moon and used torn paper to mask the hills and then had fun with my inkylicious brushes and distress inks.


I stamped the lines before removing the mask and then set to to colour in the boy. But I didn't! I decided I rather liked the look of him lsft white and it seemed to add a bit more chill to the scene too - maybe a ghost skater even!

Supplies:
Stamps: Marianne Design, Winter Fun; SU, Gorgeous Grunge; stars from Uniko, Essentially Christmas
Inks: Ranger distress, wilted violet, blueprint sketch, black soot; Memento, tuxedo black

I had so much fun creating my scene and I know you will too. I'll be looking out for your scenes popping up in The Male Room's gallery. There are of course more DT inspirational cards for you on tMR blog - here.

I'm popping this card into the current challenge at Inkspirational where the word prompt is chill.

http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/challenge-122-chill.html

Huge gratitude to you for coming by today, your visit means a lot to me.  And keep crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is one awesome little wintry scene! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this card - there is such freedom in the image! I can imagine skating like this (if, of course, I could skate!). I see you got your signature purple in the wonderfully inked background. It's fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.