Wednesday 15 March 2017

The Male Room #56 Use Wood

The Male Room has a new challenge starting today and we'd like to see some wood on your project.

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/challenge-56-stash.html

I knew I had some left over bits of paper with wood designs on, so I searched them out and that's where I began.


The pieces weren't large enough to have the grain in the wood facing the same way, but I'm quite liking the way the two different directions look and consider this a happy unintentional outcome.


I've been hanging on to this wooden 'hugs' wood cut for some time and decided now was a good time to get it out there and onto a card. I simply added a stamped sentiment that matched and a trio of wooden hearts and called it done.

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko, Simply Said II
Inks: SU, early espresso
Papers: Kaisercraft, Sea Breezes; Simple Stories, Bloom & Grow
Embellishments: Lawn Fawn, scripty hugs wood veneer; Becky higgins, PL wood veneer hearts

How will you interpret The Male Room's wood theme? Going to be lots of fun watching your creations pop up in the gallery. Need a bit more of a kick start? Well off you go then to check out the rest of tMR DT ideas - here.

I'm really pleased to have had you drop by today, thanks so much.  And keep crafting!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic wood bachground you made :-)) I like your freshy card.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool! It reminds me of carved letters on a fence. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the two kinds of wood paper here and the wood sentiment and hearts, it's lovely and simple. Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be so late commenting! I think this is simply fab! I really like the two different colour wood papers and those super wooden embellishments! You rocked it! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.