So for January's list it seemed only appropriate to start with my crafting space and share ten things that I love about it.
1. The whole idea of just having a room to myself.
2. The visual reminders of my One Little Words. These are on the wall right in front of my desk so I can see them as I work.
3. My 12 x 12 paper boxes. I have two for each colour, one for whole sheets, one for left over scraps.
4. My Uniko Studio stamps nestling alongside my boxes of (colour organised) card stock. If you follow my blog you'll know I use these stamps all the time. They are just behind my chair in easy reach and I love how they come in plastic boxes to make storage and location sooo easy!
5. A pretty array of A4 binders where I file away ideas and workshop notes. I love the colourful mismatch that adds a bright cheerful corner to balance out all the plain white plastic boxes I use for storage.
6. My cuttlebug machine and dies. I do have an ebosser too, but always seem to use my cuttlebug so much more. The dies are kept on magnetic sheets in handmade folders, roughly organised by shape.
7. My punches and little boxes. The punches are easy to grab and I've always found the idea of things in boxes appealing. I use these for leftover punched shapes, eyelets, candi and other small bits and pieces. I have another set of smaller boxes for buttons, organised by colour of course!
8. My two sewing machines - one for fabric and one for paper. I love using my Janome, it's the best machine ever and of course the little purple one is perfect for cards and just so me!
9. My multi coloured stacks of ink pads, more plastic storage boxes and my gorgeously pretty set of drawers. I keep my stamp sets in the boxes, my favourite designers like Clearly Besotted, Lavinia, Magnolia & Molly Blooms have their own boxes and one contains a collection of sentiment stamps. The drawers were an unexpected find in a cheapo shop my dad dragged me into and I keep my Adirondack & Ranger ink pads and Inkylicious brushes in them.
10. My makeshift ribbon organiser. I do have boxes with reels in too, but I had so many one metre bits getting tangled up that I came up with this idea. It adds a colourful splash to my room and locating the right ribbon is a doddle.
So that's the end of my first 10 on the 10th. I thought I'd struggle to find ten, but actually it was hard to choose what to use and what to leave out. It's certainly made me appreciate how lucky I am and how much I love this organised and chaotic mix that is my craft space.
Thanks for looking today and maybe you might be inspired to find 10 things you love about your craft space too.
Love your craft area Jane. Doesn't surprise me how organised and tidy it is after working as your teaching assistant though - I never had to tidy up after you, if anything it was the other way round! xReplyDelete
Thank you Jo! So good to get your comments and be in contact again.Delete
Wow my first visit to your virtual home (for me it is virtual) and you invite me in to see your studio! How kind and what a great organized space you have created. I hope to visit again soon!ReplyDelete
So inspiring, organised and tidy. I need to take a leaf out of your book and organise and share my space on the blog :) thanks for the inspo. Hugs Bev xReplyDelete
This is my first visit to your blog - I love it! I love the cards that you make, your style is right up my street! This post about your craft room is inspiring - just as soon as I get a craft room I'll be taken on board some of your ideas!ReplyDelete