Such a pretty sketch that had me reaching straight away for Uniko Studio's new background builder vines stamp set.
I also tried out some different colours for me and really like how they turned out. The butterfly, button, twine bow stack is a staple favourite of mine and I placed it instead of the flower.
Stamps: Uniko Studio, Background Builders Vines & sentiment from Flower Power #3
Inks: SU pool party, calypso coral, pistachio pudding; Memento, London fog, espresso truffle
Die: Lil'inker stitched mats rectangles
Punches: Martha Stewart, butterfly; Xcut, corner rounder
Embellisments: twine & button from my stash
I can't believe how quickly this year is flying! Already it's time for my next ten on the tenth share.
This month I decided to go with the theme of makes me smile. It first popped into my head when I was making this set of cards back in April. Then May's Sugar Block Club theme was JOY and The Male Room's current challenge is to 'Give us a Giggle', so it seemed like a really good idea.
Also I've kept a gratitude journal for some time now and each night before I go to sleep I always try to remember three positives about the day and one thing I'm looking forward to doing the next day. I read somewhere your dreams revolve around the last few thoughts of the day so positive thoughts make for a more restful night's sleep. And, yes, I have to say it does seem to work.
So Number 1 has to be - my grandsons. I never imagined the extent of the joy grandchildren bring - all the best bits without the hassle!
2. And, I'm sure they will forgive me for not putting them first, my precious boys. This is from a family holiday back in 2000 - posers all three!
3. A recent addition to my oldest son's family, but he's won a place in my heart and always makes me smile - Murray.
4. I'm so lucky to have a room all to myself for crafting and this photo taken at night with me reflected in the dark window was an unexpected bonus.
5. And poking out at the end of the shelves are all my scrapbook albums. I can easily lose track of time when looking through them, but for once knew exactly which page I wanted to share for this post.
6. I love inspirational quotes and this has to be one of the best.
7. Watching my garden over the changing seasons is always a positive. And when purple happens it's a double pleasure.
8. Reaping the rewards of earlier hard work and the promise of good things to come makes me smile.
9. And the same can be said of this. It was hard work making the quilt but it was good to prepare the bed ready for my weekend visitors.
10. Last but not least - me chilling in my favourite spot, the warm and soporific conservatory. Surprised I'm awake, I usually drift off on sunny afternoons. Got to smile at this!
And that's all from me today. Doubt I'll be sleeping during the day this weekend - the grandchildren are here, YAY!
Thanks if you've made it down the page so far. Enjoy your weekend.