Thursday 23 April 2015

CAS Colours & Sketches #121

A very striking sketch to challenge you this week at CAS Colours & Sketches. Will it be the triangles or the cross that jump out at you?

http://cascoloursandsketches.blogspot.co.uk/ 
Such bold shapes had me heading for strong colours and an oversized sentiment. And it was the triangles that took my eye so that's where I started. After cutting them out from patterned paper I stamped an arrow on each one to showcase the sentiment I was going to use.


Then I couldn't resist adding all that crushed curry splatter in between.


I popped the sentiment up onto pads to give it even more prominance and rounded all the corners as a contrast to all those straight lines.

Supplies:
Paper: SU, Moonlight designer series stack
Stamps: SU, Point & Click, Gorgeous Grunge; Uniko Studio, Big & Bold Wish
Inks: SU, crushed curry, rich razzleberry
Punch: Xcut, corner rounder

Then I got to thinking maybe this wasn't really a CAS card - not enough white space. So I started over and couldn't have come up with a more different card.


These hearts are punched from a very sparkly piece of card, (showing up a little better in the photo below), and finished off with a teardrop shaped gem.


Supplies:
Stamp: Clearly Besotted, Bridal Bouquet
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Punch: Martha Stewart
Die: Lil'inker, stitched mats recatangles
Embellishments: Peersonal Impressions, essential jewels

So how are you going to interpret this sketch. Looking forward to seeing your creations. And as always if you need a bit more of a kickstart there's more DT inspiration to be seen here.

Thanks for your time today, I'm so pleased you visited my blog.  And keep crafting!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Two fabulous cards! Unique in their own way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWO cards! Well done, you! :) I loved your hearts card just seeing it as your DT example, even without the closeup showing the sparkle and the textured cardstock of the rectangular panel. I think your "wish" card is really cool, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.