Wednesday 29 April 2015

The Male Room #09

So today I'm sharing my second card as a member of the DT at The Male Room. Thrilled to be typing that!

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-09-birds.html

This fortnight the theme is birds and as always whatever you create has to be suitable for the men in your life. So I went over to my favourite digi stamp shop and found a gorgeous owl all suited up for his graduation. Perfect!


I decided to keep the main colours in shades of grey with just a pop of a suitably dignified sort of colour. If I was making this card for a particular person I think I would have used their university's colours, but as this was just to go into my own stash I chose blackberry bliss.


I tied a piece of twine round the top of the card stack as I thought it echoed the tassle on the mortarboard.

Supplies:
Stamps: Digi Stamp Boutique, Graduation Winston; Clearly Besotted, Basic Banners
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Paper: SU, Moonlight paper stack
Colours: Promarkers, cool grey 1-5, tea green, vanilla; Flexmarker, linen; SU, stampin'write blackberry bliss
Embellishments: twine from my stash

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog today. Looking forward to visiting your blogs to leave some love about your interpretation of this theme.

And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Love that little owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh Jane this card is soooo cute. I want to be you when I grow up!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable. I really like the clean, simple layout and the owl is just fab (I adore owls). Great choice of colour too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice card. Just loving it :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.