Such a vibrant and beautiful inspiration card this week! I can see a peacock in there, wonder what you see?
So this week I'm using vibrant colours too - brusho powders - and including a little picture tutorial to show how I did it.
1. I put some powder into a pot, the brusho powders are so intense you only need the tiniest amount.
2. I mixed in a little water to make a very runny but incredibly vibrant colour. I mixed up two more colours.
3. I used a paintbrush to add the colours to some watercolour card.
4. I added some dishwasher salt to see what would happen.
5. I spritzed it with water.
6. I tipped the card to merge the colours and then left it to dry. By this time I was pretty much covered in colour and so was my work surface. Plenty of newspaper next time then!
7. The salt made interesting little puddles of colour - which in the end were not a feature of my card, but it was fun to experiment and store the results for the future. I stamped an image over the brusho colours.
8. I die cut some spiro circles and popped them on top of some stamped stalks.
9. I added a sentiment and my card was complete.
I absolutely love the brilliant brusho colours, but I have to warn you that even a microdot of spilt powder makes the most amazing mess. Also it's probably not a good idea to wash away the left over paint in a white bathroom basin - found bits of colour there for several days!
Stamps: Stampendous, Agapanthus & Thank You
Brusho: turquoise, ultramarine, yellow
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Thanks for spending some time with me today. Have fun PLAYing with watercolours!