Friday 13 March 2015

Friday Focus

A card to share that's something a bit different for me. It uses some colours from this month's challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store and also fits the WOW! Embossing Powders Spring themed challenge.

http://makethedayspecialcards.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenges.html

I used the aqua, purple and yellow from the first swatch and tried to conquer my fear of watercolours! And for the first time ever managed to produce a result that excited me and I actually like!


I started by stamping the sun and balloons in yellow, then overstamped with Versamark before heat embossing with WOW! sparkling snow glitter. Next I put the three ink colours onto an acryllic block, spritzed with water and placed the card on top. Once this was dry I flicked some very watered down purple ink from a brush to get some splatters


When this was all dry I added some more purple round the edges and a little purple and yellow to the embossed stamps using my inkylicious brushes. Finally I stamped the balloon strings, sprinkled some sequins and added a sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lawn Fawn, Hellp Sunshine - available at Make The Day Special
Inks: SU, wisteria wonder, tempting turquoise, daffodil delight; Memento, tuxedo black; Versamark
Embossing: WOW!, sparkling snow glitter
Embellishments: squins from my stash

Well I really feel I've achieved something today and might just be changing my mind about watercolours! I'd be interested to hear how you get along with watercolours - do you love, tolerate or hate them?

Thanks for your visit and time today. And keep crafting! 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Jane ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jane, this is really artsy! I'd never dare to go there, but I love to see pieces like yours because they are so different from regular cards and showcase perfectly how far we can stretch our supplies. Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jane that background is so fun and the embossing really stands out.
    Thanks for playing at Make the day special stamp store.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background you created - really adds to the drama of your card.
    Thanks for playing in our challenge at Make the Day Spcial Stamp Store.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.