Sunday 14 May 2017

AAA Cards - #90 Embossing

A new challenge starts today at AAA Cards and it's a really easy theme and one that I know you'll have no trouble in interpreting - Embossing.

http://aaacards.blogspot.com/2017/05/cas-game-90-embossing.html

For my card I've used two different embossing techniques: dry embossing with a folder for the main image and heat embossing for the greeting.



Once I'd run the card through my cuttlebug to dry emboss the words I then rubbed a Kaleidacolor ink pad over the top to highlight the embossing. The card was then cut down using a stitched square die and placed onto green cardstock leaving plenty of empty 'white' space around it.

I finished off the card with a white heat embossed sentiment and a trio of black enamel dots.

Supplies:
Embossing: Cuttlebug folder, Happy Birthday; Ranger superfine, white
Inks: Kaleidacolor, Caribbean Sea
Die: Lawn Fawn, large stitched square stackables
Card: SU, emerald envy
Embellishments: black pearls from my stash

Over on the AAA Cards blog - here - you can see the wonderful DT cards and our fabulous Guest Designer Deidre's card. Go be inspired!

Thanks for your time today, it's been great having you visit. And keep crafting!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. What a cool inking technique you used!! I have this embossing folder and would never think to do this. Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a technique that I love but never seem to use. I love your colours to this fun bright card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bold, bright, super fun and a wonderful technique to showcase your embossing Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea for the embossing theme, i have the same embossing folder which reminds me I ought to play with it again! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane you pulled this off beautifully! I get ink on all the wrong spots when I use this technique, but your bright colors are awesome. Thanks for the opportunity to guest design for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.