There's a new challenge starting today at AAA Cards and it's another nice and easy theme that requires no special equipment - MASKING.
The sponsor for this challenge is STAMPlorations and I've used their stamps to create my card:
And I thought I'd include a photo tutoral of how I created my card.
1. I gathered my supplies.
2. I used two pieces of masking paper to mask off a strip near the top of my card base. I'm stingy too and have re-used some masking paper, so that's why it's already all inky!
3. I used a blending tool to add my three colours.
4. I peeled back the top piece of masking paper just a little and stamped the first flower. Good job I was using the misti tool as it didn't stamp perfectly the first time.
5. I re-attached the masking paper strip and covered the flower with a mask too.
6. I stamped the middle flower. Then I peeled back the bottom masking strip and covered the middle flower with a mask and stamped my third flower.
7. I removed all the masking paper and stamped the two sentiment words.
Stamps: Stamplorations, Helenium large & Bold Sentiment Gorgeous
Inks: Ranger distress, blueprint sketch, mermaid lagon, cracked pistachio; Memento, tuxedo black
So this is one way to use masking on a card. Want to see some more ideas? Well then hop on over to the AAA Cards Challenge blog - HERE - and check out all the wonderful DT creations and our Guest Designer Maria's fabulous CAS card. You'll be inspired!
Thanks for visiting my blog today, it's been great to share some of your precious time. And keep crafting!