Sunday 7 June 2015

AAA Cards Game #41 Woodland Animals

The first AAA Cards challenge for June is a really great theme - Woodland Animals. For me a fantastic opportunity to indulge the 'Ahh' factor and go all cutesie.

http://www.aaacards.blogspot.co.uk/


And how lucky was I to discover this patchwork fox hiding in my stash - a freebie gift from a magazine that I've been hoarding for ever.


I decided to try to pick up on the sewing idea from the stamp and used a brand new embroidery hoop die from Neat & Tangled. I used to do a lot of cross stitch and embroidery and still dabble from time to time when the mood takes me.


Continuing the sewing idea I ran the coloured image through a quilting embossing folder and framed the whole lot with a stitched square. I just finished off with a sprinkle dot on his oh so cute nose and made his eyes shine with a Sakura pen. Love him!

Supplies:
Stamps: Oscar & pals freebie from Cardmaking & Papercraft mag; SU, So You
Ink: Memento, tuxedo black
Colours: Promarkers, fuchsia pink, pink carnation, marsh green, blossom, tulip yellow, vanilla, mustard; Sakura, white gelly roll, black glaze
Dies: Lawn Fawn, large stitched square stackables; Neat & Tangled, hoop
Embossing: Docrafts, quilting
Embellishments: Doodlebug sprinkles, beetle black asst.

Now I wonder what the other AAA Cards DT have come up with to get your creativity going? Why not pop over to take a look - here. You'll not be disappointed!

Thanks for coming by to say hello today. I do so appreciate your visit.

And keep crafting!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. How adorable is that little fox! Got to say - isn't it so gratifying (and a little justifying) when you get to use something that has been squirrelled away forever!! This is a lovely card (I think you rocked it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of the theme Jane and your card definitely has the Ahhh factor, it's gorgeous. Zx I have your Staz On.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic effect of the embossing and embroidery frame Jane
    Love the image and so perfectly coloured. Superb take on the woodland theme. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet patchwork fox Jane - and I love how you continued the stitching theme throughout the card! The embroidery hoop makes a great frame - I might have to add it to my wish list :) I also used to do a fair amount of cross-stitching but it has taken a back seat to card making. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many cute accents!!! Love the frame and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool - you really thought it through. I have just bought that frame after seeing this - I cross stitch a lot (as time allows) and I saw your card and at first thought it was a real hoop!! Truly inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stitching theme. That little fox is so adorable. Love the little stitches on him, and the embroidery hoop is so great. Love the embossed stitches and the stitched frame. Just wonderful Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the woodsy/sewing look to this! And that hoop just adds so much! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.